Hong Kong spiders



I don't have anything particularly exciting to blog about today, so I decided to blog about the hidden spiders we saw in Hong Kong. If you glanced at the picture above and didn't see a huge scary spider, look again! He's in the middle, maybe a little to the left with long skinny legs spread out. Our last Saturday in HK we took a ferry to nearby Lamma Island, which is smaller and only 12000 people live on it. It was very charming. We landed at a little floating fishing village and hiked across the island to another ferry which took us home, stopping for a swim in a beautiful beach.

The pathway was lined, sometimes covered, with trees. At one point I looked up and noticed a big spider in its web, hanging above me. As I looked around, I realized that they were all over and completely camouflaged themselves until you started looking for them. Once I started seeing them, I got a little panicky and ran away with Marian to a break in the trees. See if you can find the spider in this picture.




Here's one a little closer. I get all creeped out again looking at the pictures!




It was a beautiful island though and was such a fun day for us. Now I laugh at what a spaz I was running from the spiders. Here's a couple more pictures from that day. Here I am on the little path we hiked on.



This is the village where the ferry landed. We had hiked from there around the bay.



And this is where we swam (notice the shark net on the perimeter--it provided much peace of mind).



Thanks for letting me take a trip down memory lane!

Comments

The Bish Fam said…
I think that I would be running too, a little freaky! What adventures you have to tell!
Spencer said…
eeewwww! I can only imagine what mom--or worse, Joe--would do!
Spencer said…
PS--I watch those videos of Marian from your last post about once a day, and every time I end up laughing til tears stream down my face!
Deanna said…
Sick! I hate spiders! I totally would've freaked out and ran away too. There are some weird looking spiders out here too in the south. Thanks for calling me. I lost my phone in the accident and will let you know if I get a new # or not. I'm out of the hospital and just have a broken arm. Things are getting back to normal.
AAAHHH, what the freak, those spiders are so scary and yuck. I don't even like looking at those pictures. How big were they - they look enormous! PS- Funny memory on my blog about the Mike Maughan and the "new cheerleader is..." it took me a minute, but I totally remember, LOL!
Katie said…
What amazing stories you are going to have to tell Marian about your adventures in Hong Kong. You are very brave Marth!
*Meg Larsen* said…
CREEPY! yikes...

As far as memories, I can still remember that very first combined FHE we had on your pink couch playing guesstures. We're so glad we're all back in Utah now so we can catch up on much needed game time. Martha, you are still the only person who regularly kicks my trash! I need you around to keep me humble :o)
Carrie said…
Eww, yuck! I'd say you were very brave, Moey. Those are way creepy!
Andrea said…
I wish I could have seen you running away from the spiders because I am here laughing out loud just thinking about it.
awe, you're great fun!
emm said…
marth. i love the blog. thanks for the invite. i was so happy to see you today! truly, i hope to be better at writing and keeping in touch. i was secretly live vicariously through you, adam, and marian via your blog. love you all.

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily