Merry Christmas!

It is quite the winter wonderland here in Provo! It has snowed a lot, plus it has been so cold that the snow in the streets hasn't melted. Adam commented the other day that it feels like we live at the North Pole. It's been so cold in fact that yesterday we went to start our car and it was totally dead. Lame! Especially since we've spent $1200 on the car in the last month. So we "invested" (Adam keeps telling me it's an investment) some more and replaced the battery.

Anyway, the silver lining to the cold is that it's Christmas-time! Since I worked Thanksgiving night we did dinner on Friday. Thursday we decorated our house and it looks so cozy. It's so fun having Mini old enough to get what's going on. She had fun decorating and loves reading the Christmas books.



This is Grandma Phyllis, my sweet 97-year old grandma, with Emmy on Thanksgiving. Despite her advanced Alzheimers she is still so cute with kids.

Here's the usualy crowd gathered around Brad. He's so cute!


Since Thanksgiving Adam has been diligently studying for finals. We are all excited for him to be done next Friday. Good luck honey! As far as other news...Emmy "graduated" from physical therapy, which is wonderful! There's still a slight flat spot but it looks much better. She had her 6 month check-up this week and I had to leave the room for her to get her shots. I was such a nervous wreck! I can do it if I have to but Adam was there so I just left so I wouldn't see it. I really think immunizations are the worst part about being a parent!

Mini has had croup this week, poor thing! She had that horrible barking seal cough which sounds utterly un-human. We've all spent a fair amount of time awake at night this week. We discovered through this that she really likes cough medicine. After getting it once she asked for it repeatedly for an hour. Whenever we gave it to her, she'd break into a mischievous little grin and say, "I like it!" I think we have a little addict on our hands!

More than ever during this season I'm grateful for our little family!





Comments

*Meg Larsen* said…
I can't believe how big Emmmy is! Yikes! I guess we've been gone for 5 months and that happens...

I double-taked at the first picture of her because I thought it was Marian!

Glad to see you are doing well. Can't wait to see you in a month!
Unknown said…
I agree with Meg - Emmy looks so much like Mini did in that first pic. I totally understand about cars... we get to "invest" in new tires this year. Want to do a game night in between Christmas and New Years?
Emily Johnson said…
Fritz! Your kids are stinking cute!
Linnea said…
How cute!!! Martha, I'm obsessed with the picture of Minnie breast feeding her doll. That is adorable.
Deanna said…
Hondas aren't supposed to break down! I'm sorry you've had car probs. I love that pic with the girls and Adam. What a blessing our families are!
apewinterton said…
I can't believe she likes cough medicine. I had to literally force it down Megan when she was younger.
Mimi Collett said…
How fun. :) That's great that you were able to see so much family for Christmas. :) And while you probably have to hide it now, I think you're really lucky that Mini likes cough medicine! :)
Tiffany said…
your girls are growing so quickly! croup is not fun. kenzie had croup recently too. and now laney has an ear infection. got to love all the sickness around the holidays. merry christmas to your family from the birds!
Great post. The "investment" part made me laugh! ;) Also, I can't believe how you had to leave the room for immunizations, yet your a nurse!?! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas, you girls are cute as ever!

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily