my cute girls

When I was at the MTC, I heard life described like this: the days are like weeks and the weeks are like days. That's how life feels right now--long days but short weeks. Time is going fast (I can't believe Emmy is almost four weeks old!) but days and nights seem to go slowly as they are one big round of feeding, changing diapers, and trying to keep everyone happy. I've been trying to think what "bloggable" events have happened for us and can't think of a whole lot. Emmy is growing well. We're trying to figure out what's going on because she screams after she eats for anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes. I'm not sure if she's gassy, still hungry, wanting to be held, or just grumpy. She is the cutest thing ever though, as you will notice in the pictures.

Mini is now done with swimming lessons and took great strides forward in blowing bubbles, doing bobs, floating on her back, climbing out of the pool from hanging on the wall, and overall gaining more skills in the water. She cracks me up. The other day she was falling off the couch on purpose, when she stood up and said, "That was amazing!" Another time I was headed to the bathroom and told her where I was going. She said very decidedly, "I'm going to watch." Sure enough she pulled a chair up right in front of the toilet to watch me. (I've never considered going to the bathroom to be a spectator sport, but whatever.)

Here are some recent pictures. I'm pretty sure I have the cutest girls in the world!!






Comments

Your girls ARE adorable. That was so funny about Marian wanting to watch you. With three kids I've had to put my foot down and insist on privacy. Crowd control was becoming an issue.
theminerfamily said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
theminerfamily said…
Ha! I tried to open a commment box and thought it didn't work, so thene I went blog hopping and thought I was posting a Happy birthday message to Thatcher and I put it here! So funny. Anyway, YOUR GIRLS ARE BEAUTIFUL! I need to come see you and your cuties. Or did Maggie call you? Hopefully we can get together this week.
Love ya!
apewinterton said…
I've given up on privacy. I figure they'll get tired of it and eventually lose interest. I love that last picture of Marian with all the animals. So cute!
Amy said…
Your girls are soooo cute!!! Love the pictures!
MBurt said…
Wow, and I'm still pregnant. Hopefully not for long though. You do have darling girls and I am glad you are getting in the groove of things. If you haven't tried Milacon drops, they saved me with Talmage and they don't get absorbed by their system so they are safe. They get rid of the bubbles/gas in their tummy.
RaeRae said…
Emmy is cute and mini is hillarious peter is very interested in the bathroom thing too...
maybe Emily has acid reflux my niece had it and did the same thing cried after everytime she ate, what did you decide about the fenugreek. hope all is well can't wait for aug. i miss yall
Tiffany said…
they are adorable. how are you holding up?
Carrie said…
Sooooo cute, Moey! I can relate to the long days and short weeks, as well as running around busily all day long, then having trouble articulating in words what I've accomplished that day. I guess the eternal perspective is key, right? :) We love and miss you guys!
Mimi Collett said…
That picture of Mini with the stuffed animals is so cute. And I loved the "that was amazing" story. Emmy is so cute! :) Her hair is so dark!
Hey You do have pretty Cute Girls.

Ok you two so we are coming in Thursday night August 7th, and you are probably leaving Friday. Do you think you will leave Friday morning early? Or would we have a chance to run down and see you early Friday morning?
We need to get a few things out of the house and drop off your adorable baby gift- so we just have to see you even if it rushed. Let us know what your plan is! Thanks

Naomi and Devin
M said…
So cute, Marth! I love the way Emmy is with her hands. I've been thinking about you and am glad for an update. I'm way overdue for an official one! Lots of love.
Moof
Nicole said…
i don't think i ever said congratulations, so CONGRATULATIONS! i'm glad things are going well. your girls are darling.
Hey ist been forever!! Your littel girls are both so cute!! You baby is a doll!! We will have to get together sometime!! Such cute pics!!
Anonymous said…
Well cutest girls in the world . . . so far :)

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily