a little late

But better late than never, right? Important event #1 I am late in blogging about:
Happy #25 Birthday Adam!! As of Sunday Adam is officially in the quarter-centurion club (a title I've had for a while). It was a little crazy as I worked the night before and on his birthday. Thanks to so many who called so he wasn't lonely on his birthday!



I am so grateful for my Mosobo. The kind of husband and father he is has totally surpassed my expectations. Not that I had low expectations, but just that he is amazing. On top of that, he teaches me so much about being a good stay at home mom, as he is a much better cook, cleaner, seamstress (is there a masculine version of that word?) and home-maker than I am. My whole life I thought that when I got engaged, my parents would sit me down and ask if my future husband treated me well enough. Instead, after I got engaged, my mom sat me down and asked if I treat Adam well enough! I'm still trying to keep up with him! Jeg elsker dig honey!

Important event #2: the 4th of July! (Adam took this picture.)


Being in China, specifically Beijing, made me appreciate our country even more. I went to church in an expat branch (mostly Americans) the Sunday we were in Beijing. What saddened me though, was that if Chinese people tried to go to that branch, the branch presidency would have to stop them at the door and not let them in unless they could show a foreign passport.

At the conference he attended there, Adam learned of college students and professors who want to practice Christianity so have started meeting together. They meet in a building/room that holds 200 people, but at times 800 people have come. The police have broken up meetings at times, but some of the people continue meeting, despite the risks, simply because they want to worship as they choose. We really have so much to be grateful for here in America. And yes, I am proud to be an American!

Event #3, which I am actually not late for:
Marian will be 18 months in 2 days!! My little girl is growing up! She is learning so quickly. I wish I continued to learn at the rate she does. She is such a sweetheart and makes everything so much more fun. I am so proud of her and love being her mommy!

She had fun with her cousin Lucy on the 4th of July.


She also loves playing with her twin cousins, Jake and Josh.



Comments

Deanna said…
Marian is looking more and more like a toddler now! I can't believe how fast they grow up. Happy late Bday Adam. I recently heard about the many Chinese that want to be baptized but, can't, it's amazing. We really are so blessed to be members of the Church and to live in this country. I will have to call you soon!
Amy said…
She's almost 18 months? Sheesh, oooh that means she's ready for nursery eh?? Oh...good times!
Spencer said…
That little peanut is growing up too fast! (I mean Marian, though you and Adam, and growing up too :) Keep posting pictures!
Katie said…
Welcome Home! I can't believe that cute MArian is almost 18 months. So exciting.
Your post reminds how fortunate we are to be able to worship freely.

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily