#27 and #2

Last week was an exciting week for us! On Wednesday I turned 27! Wow, that actually sounds a lot older than 26. I am now in my late 20s and don't know how I feel about that. It was a fun day though. Thank you to everyone who called, emailed, posted a comment, or came over! Adam took good care of me, of course. He made breakfast and dinner for me. And Mom came down and took me shopping and to lunch, so I didn't have to cook at all! Friday night Adam took me on a date, which was so nice. Earlier in the week he'd asked what my favorite restaurant was and I said I didn't know because I like bits and pieces: Olive Garden's salad and breadsticks but not their meals, Training Table's turkey sandwich, etc. I didn't know how carefully he listened until Friday when he showed up with Olive Garden salad and breadsticks for me and a Table Training turkey sandwich! We ate at the Tanner Building then went to the BYU basketball game. It's amazing how nice a couple hours alone with him is! He also rented "Ever After" and "Star Wars" so we could finish the night with a movie, but I was too tired. Which leads me to my next point...

Yep, you probably guessed it: Baby #2 is on the way!!! Friday we went to the doctor and heard the heartbeat, so now it's out in the open. Here are the answers to the most common questions I've gotten:
I'm 13 weeks along, due May 22. Marian and this one will be 2 years and 4 months apart.

I've been feeling OK. Work has made things a little rough, since I get to bed around 1 or 1:30 when I work then have to get up with Marian. The next day I usually felt pretty icky and tired. I don't really have morning sickness, just evening sickness. I've done lots of crockpot meals because cooking in the morning is much easier than cooking in the evening.

As far as thoughts about gender--I kind of think this one's a boy, but kind of want another girl. I would be completely happy either way and just want him or her to be healthy!

And how Marian feels about it--I think she has no idea and doesn't understand at all. Hopefully as I get bigger it will make more sense.

We are very excited and grateful for this new adventure!

Comments

Amy said…
Hooray...what fun news! Sorry you're not feeling great. But that's so exciting!
MBurt said…
Happy birthday and congrats! May doesn't even sound that far away! I am excited for you. It's amazing how you forget how you feel during that first little while. I hope you are doing well. Get some sleep!
The Lambs said…
Congrats Martha! What a lucky baby to have you!!!
Deanna said…
I had a feeling about this :) So exciting to add to the family! May will be such a nice time to have a baby. June was great too. Wish I was there to help you out. Love you!
Bekah said…
HA! I don't know why, but I've been thinking for the past couple months that this announcement was coming! CONGRATS! Nick and Chase are 2 years and three months apart and I think it is perfect. I just realized why Melba asked me this morning if I had checked your blog recently! :) Love and miss you, Mo!
Melissa Markham said…
Congrats, MO!!!!!!! I'm so excited for another little Marriot running around. Love you!
Aunt Melba
Jenny said…
Congratulations! I must say that I'm sure this next baby will be incredible adorable, as is Marian. Carric and I are doing well, and I hope you are well, regardless of the crazy schedule you have to work.
Spencer said…
Woohoo! I'm so excited for you guys! I don't know which is tougher--working as a nurse or riding through Europe in a motorhome while pregnant, but either way you are amazing! Good luck and we love you!
Happy late b-day, and CONGRATS on baby #2, that is so exciting! Hope your evening sickness goes away. Can't wait to hear if its a boy or girl. WAHOO!
Cary said…
Once again, congrats!! We are super excited for ya!
Jenae said…
Congrats! I am so excited for all three of you. I miss you guys lots so keep blogging so I can be updated in Texas!
Tiffany said…
Happy belated birthday and congrats on #2! Good luck with work and pregnancy!
Tiffany said…
Happy belated birthday and congrats on #2! Good luck with work and pregnancy!
emily said…
Congrats congrats congrats! Such exciting news! We are so excited for you guys!
Nicole said…
happy (late) birthday and big congrats on #2!
Unknown said…
Yay Martha! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, but I'm so excited for you guys. I saw Adam last week in church and he was beaming! We should do a game night...how does this weekend look to you guys? The ward party is on Saturday but our Friday night is free.
Jessica said…
What great news! I only wish I was still in Utah so I can bring you meals. We miss you all. Oh, welcome to the age of 27. It's not too bad. I think 30 is going to be the hardest. :)

P.S. Can you please update my email address to JessicaPCuthbertson@gmail.com so I can access your blog easier? I'm having to use my old work account/email...which I don't mind...esp. if you post exciting news like this. :)
The Bish Fam said…
Exciting news of course and I totally wanted to tell you when you told me...but I figured I better let my family know :) I am due the 23rd...so the day after you! Pretty fun!

xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily