the latest

Although I've been a pretty good blogger so far this year, I haven't written about some of "the latest" in our lives. On Martin Luther King Jr. Day (by the way, does anyone have a little trick to keeping MLK Jr. Day and Presidents Day straight? I can never remember which is in which month!), we hiked into my parents' cabin and sledded out. It's a fun tradition we do every year. We always get hot and sweaty walking up the road pulling sleds, hot chocolate jugs, children, etc. then freeze when we go in the cabin for the hot chocolate and treats. We always have fun though and it's just about the perfect level of intensity for a 2-year old and a pregnant mommy.


Last week Marian and I went to the Bean Museum for the first time. I was really impressed. Here were my favorite things: the 2-headed snake, the huge bear, and learning about a tuatara (a lizard-looking reptile) that has 3 eyes--one on top of its head. It's going extinct, which surprises me because 3 eyes seems like quite the advantage to survival.


On Saturday we had our stake "Best of Enrichment." It's definitely our biggest activity to plan as a stake RS presidency. It was a lot of work but turned out great. Last year they ran out of food and this year we had tons of extra--hopefully next year we'll meet somewhere in the middle. These are the gifts we gave the sisters. They turned out cute but man were they a huge project! We met one Saturday at 11, thinking by 1 we'd have them done. WRONG! At 4:30 we had finished 100/300. We ended up getting them done just fine but learned that next year we'll tackle a slightly easier project.


And finally, here's a picture from Sunday of my tummy. I'm not huge yet but can't believe I still have almost 4 months to keep growing!


And one last random happening that I thought was pretty cool. We played Ticket to Ride with Tracy and Hanna and Tracy's sister on Saturday night. Here were the final scores:
Tracy: 103
Me: 102
Katie: 100
Hanna: 99
Adam:98
What are the chances? Definitely the closest game I've ever seen!

Comments

Jentry said…
What a great post! I love belly pictures so I'm glad you posted some. Mini is so cute, I'm sure she is so much fun to be with. Sure miss you!
Maggie said…
If you can even call that a belly. You look great! Your enrichment gifts look great! Sounds like you guys have been having fun!
Mimi Collett said…
Your little baby belly is way cute! I absolutely loved Best of Enrichment. It is my favorite activity! I just wish it were longer! Haha. That wouldn't be as much fun for the presenters, I suppose. I always want to go to more classes, and I spend the rest of the year telling other LDS women what an amazing activity it is. How far is the hike to the cabin? It seems like that would get rather arduous when you're the person carrying the food or whoever got the furniture up there the first time. Sledding is way fun though!
Tiffany said…
Loving that prego belly!
Melissa Markham said…
Sloonster!!! I'm just catching up on my blogging and loved reading your entries. The videos of Marriott are SO cute! It makes me miss her. And I LOVE the story of Adam reading his watch manual! I don't really think of him as nerdy (more an "international man of mystery") but I guess he is! Fits right in with the rest of the husbands... Give mini a kiss from Aunt Melba :)

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily