our 70s night


Our friends Devin and Naomi hosted a great Murder Mystery night set in the 70s on Saturday. Adam and I were Bruce Leap and Diana Rush and boy did we look hot! Devin and Naomi were Andy Warthog and Gloria Stunnem. Katie and Spencer were Lyza M. and John Revolting. It was so fun to get dressed up and we enjoyed the company and the food! Thanks Wagstaffs!

Here are the girls:

And the guys:


Other happenings lately...I have been behaving myself by not exercising or doing anything too strenuous and have only had a little bit of cramping since my first incident. I worked on Monday and did OK but was totally fatigued after. Marian and Adam had a rousing game of "Lolli, lolli, lolli, POP!" (I think it's nursery's version of duck duck goose) while I was gone. Adam really is the greatest dad--sometimes I think he should stay at home and I should be the breadwinner because he's so cute with Mini.


We've also been working a little on potty training but haven't gotten too far. I'd love any magic tips anyone has. So far Mini has just sat on her potty, which is great, but gets old when she gets on and off 15 times in an hour with no results.

Other than that, we're just enjoying the great weather in Provo! Hooray for 60 degree days!

Comments

that is the cutest picture of Marian on the toilet! I love it!
Mimi Collett said…
Your costumes are great! I am glad she loves the potty so much. :) She's so young and has already found the best place to read undisturbed!

The weather has been so wonderful!
Deanna said…
I love murder mysteries! I haven't done one in so long. I love Mini on her potty! I'm sure she'll get it soon enough. I would love to give you some advice but, Azure has only gone twice in it and that was last month. Apparently she's over it for now :(
Deanna said…
I love murder mysteries! I haven't done one in so long. I love Mini on her potty! I'm sure she'll get it soon enough. I would love to give you some advice but, Azure has only gone twice in it and that was last month. Apparently she's over it for now :(
Unknown said…
So my family has made this big production out of potty training - I mean HUGE!!! I obviously haven't tried it, but my cousins all have and it's been pretty good. They take their kid to the store and let them pick out their own big girl panties. They use the word big girl as often as they can when talking about why you go in the potty and how if you do go in the potty you don't have to wear diapers like a baby anymore. Basically, I think the kids just want to be a big girl so much that it works. It doesn't happen overnight, but they just put the panties in the drawer and tell the kid "when you want to be a big girl and go in the potty and wear panties, tell me and we'll get the panties out." It takes some time, but the kids get into it because they get to make the decisions, like what panties they wear and when they want to start.
Jentry said…
Scott's behavior professors swear by the book "The Power of Positive Parenting" and it has a section on potty training. After you teach them the basics then you just keep asking them if they need to go. If they have an accident in their diaper then you change the diaper without saying anything to the child, try not to look at them, don't rub their belly, nothing. But when they go in their potty make a huge deal out of it. Basically reward the behavior that you want and try to make going in their diaper not a rewarding experience. I don't know if it works, but it's worth a shot! I bet you could find the book at the library or Deseret Book.
*Meg Larsen* said…
those 70s pictures are great! cracking me up...

my mom always used the "potty training in a day" system and i bet it would work well for Marian. Basically, you dedicate a whole day to potty training and check every 15 minutes to see if she's dry. If she's dry, she gets a reward! (After all, we don't really care about going to the bathroom, we care about staying dry/clean!) And you practice getting to the potty. If she has an accident, you have her practice running to the potty so she makes it next time. I think my mom also had us teach our dolls how to use the potty, so we got extra practice.
*Meg Larsen* said…
oh, and um, i need marian's chest measurement and her height from shoulder to mid-calf....
Ally said…
Looks like a fun night with fun friends. i am glad that you havent had a bad scare lately. That is no fun! Love you and miss you!
"ooowww ooowww" - I am giving you the wolf pack salute! It was so fun to see you guys last week. I am excited for you to be up here for 10 days while your hubby is away, we will definitely have to get the kidlets together. That pic of Marian with the animals is so cute, and good luck with potty training, I don't have a clue, I am sure I will be hitting you up for tips in about 6 months or so! All I have heard is bribe with candy!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily