the happiest place on earth


So finally, here are the pictures. We had a such a great time being little kids again, running from ride to ride, and just soaking in the magic of Disneyland. It really is magic for any age. Adam and I kept commenting to each other that they do such a great job of totally transporting you to another world on every ride. Adam had never been to Disneyland or California Adventure and I'd never been to C. A. It was so fun to explore them together. Adam's favorites were California Screamin' and Indiana Jones. I found a new favorite: the Storybook Canal Boats, where you see miniature replicas of the princesses castles. It was so cute! We loved the Toy Story Astro Blasters. (On about our third time riding it, the ride conveniently stopped for a couple minutes, so we racked up points and both achieved the lofty status of Ranger 1st Class.)

Here's our Splash Mountain picture. Adam's face is awesome and I totally disappeared behind the girl in front of me.

Neither of us volunteered for the Jedi training, but I think we both secretly wanted to. Then again, maybe not--Darth Vader was pretty scary!

Riding the big ferris wheel at C.A.

The Pixar Parade was really cute

We had a fantastic time, but definitely missed our girls. Every princess dress or figure made us miss Mini, and every chubby nine-month old asleep in a stroller made us miss Emmy. We're so excited to take them in a couple years. Thanks to Mom who did such a great job of taking care of them.
Here's Mini with the princesses we brought her.

And here's Emmy doing her favorite thing: stand up. She stands up on or by everything and usually falls down after a couple seconds and bangs her head. Sometimes after watching her do this all day I'm amazed the human race has survived.

And here's a picture gone totally wrong. This was Mini and Emmy's first bath together and I wanted to document it. But of course, during the 5 seconds I had my hands off Emmy to take the picture, she toppled over. (Don't ask me Mini's excuse...)

Well, I think this has gotten sufficiently long for me to stop. I better go supervise the nerf gun war going on (instigated by Adam of course). We're babysitting my sister's five kids right now and having seven kids is quite the adventure!

Comments

Lachelle said…
Lachelle and I did a similar trip back in September. It was so much fun! I'm glad you had fun.
Maggie said…
Okay, I'm dying at the bathtub picture. So funny. Cute disneyland pics.
*Meg Larsen* said…
reading this made me laugh out loud... and yes, I do wonder when watching our kids how the human race has survived. Then again, being pregnant I also wonder why we all keep choosing to have kids! :o)

i think we should plan a family trip to take all the kids to Disneyland in like 5 years and we can tag team it...
Bekah said…
I love that you went to DL without your kids! Glad you had fun and great pictures! Good luck babysitting!
That pictures of emmy toppled over in the bath makes me laugh! So happy you guys were able to have that little getaway all to yourselves, SO FUN!!!
Ally said…
The tub picture is classic!! How awesome that you guys got to go to disneyland!!
Robnz Fam said…
OK, I'm totally jealous! Did you get a great deal and decide to go, or did you just go!? How fun, either way. I'm happy that you two got that time alone! Fun, fun!
theminerfamily said…
Great Post! We just went with my family to Disneyland, trying to organize that many people including 6 kids was crazy, way to go alone and enjoy it for Adam's first time! (: Though in a couple of years your girls will LOVE it, it truly turns magical with kids.
I love the bathtub photo as well, good thing the camera didn't go in with Emmy! (: Hope all is well.
Carrie said…
What a fun trip, Moey! I'm so glad you guys got to go. I'm sure Mini and Emmy had a blast with Pops and Grannie. How great for the two of you to get away.

I too wonder how our race has survived, watching Alex's current antics (like an obsession with climbing onto the kitchen table and tossing everyone's breakfast leftovers off of it). Yeah, he'll probably survive . . . BUT WILL I?

:) Love you!
Carrie
Melissa Markham said…
So, uh... What WAS Mini's excuse? I'm glad you guys had such a great time at Disneyland! You actually made it look fun. (I've been too many times in August with everyone else on planet earth... bah humbug.)
Linnea said…
Hahahaa. That bathtub picture is killing me.

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily