The end of the road...

I don't think it has really sunk in yet, but Adam graduates from law school in two and a half weeks! I am so proud of him and all his hard work. After going through law school with him I am convinced I would not thrive in law school. I'm glad he has been so successful and has handled the busy-ness and pressure so well. I'm also excited because we know what we'll be doing next year. (It's a hard time to be graduating from law school and lots of his class-mates don't yet have jobs for next year.) Adam is going to be a clerk/bailiff at the Provo court next year. You can probably guess that he is way more excited for the bailiff part than the clerk part, as it includes carrying pepper spray and wearing a uniform (star included). We've heard it's about 30% bailiff and 70% clerk--he's assigned to a specific judge and goes to court when his judge is in court. Overall it will be great experience for him.

Because the Wagstaffs are coming back to Provo (which we are very excited about!) we are moving to a townhouse in Springville in the beginning of May. We are sad to leave where we are now, but are really excited about this new place! And even though it's only two exits away, it feels like we are moving on from the school phase. As most of you probably know, I have been a little antsy to "move on," as I have been here since 2000 (minus a mission).

Other exciting news is that Emmy is walking. Her first step (that I count) was 2 days before she turned 10 months. Now (2 weeks later) she can do 5 or 6 steps at a time. I don't know why my girls are so determined to walk so early! (Mini walked at 9 months.) It's really cute though. Thankfully she has moved past the stage where she is constantly banging her head on things. Here's a little video of her taking some steps.



And here are some pics from our babysitting adventure with the Kaelberers:
Mini and Lucy in the tub
Sam pushing Mini (he is such a stud!)
And Adam doing karaoke. I don't know what he's singing, but I love the pink mic! I guess law school hasn't made him too boring and stuffy!

Comments

The Brymers said…
I can NOT believe Emmy is walking!! I can't wait to work w/ Adam at the court. We should get together soon!
Ally said…
YOur girls look so much alike!! Too cute!!
Deanna said…
She's following right in Mini's footsteps with walking so early (ist that some sort of pun?) I love her cute smile in the video. Thanks for remembering my birthday by the way!
Na told me about the clerkship, that is awesome! Jonathan doesn't have a job (well he is actually doing research for a law firm but you know a really lawyer job) so I know how tough the time is. So yay for Adam to get something. Also, what the heck, that is nuts how early your kids walk! Lance walked at 15 months, so if Tallie walks by 12 months it will seem early to me. Good luck! Your kids are such cuties. Next time you are up call me, we'll have you guys over or go to the park or something.
Spencer said…
great post martha! we loved it.
gbrooks said…
Woohoo, the end of law school! I wouldn't have thrived in law school either. And go Emmy! I'm hoping for a late walker, but he seems to be determined to crawl right now so I'm thinking it's a lost cause...
Anni Winings said…
I hope L will catch up to Emmy soon. Maybe we'll be able to get that place in Springville, and we'll still be close enough to call it 'close'. That'd be fun.
Kev and Chels said…
Congratulations on finishing Law School guys!!! What a great accomplishment and thing to have achieved together!
theminerfamily said…
Such exciting news MO! I am thrilled you have a job and something that Adam is looking forward too! CONGRATS to both of you. I have been looking at your blog for a month wondering what was happening... perhaps I need to just pick up the phone. ): Anyway, I amd so excited. HOpefully we can see you the end of May when we are out.

Your girls are so big and cute. Anna didn't walk until 16+ months, lucky you... no more sore baby knees. Love ya.
Carrie said…
Cute pictures, Moey! Emmy is so ad
orable taking her first steps. She's growing up way too fast! Alex is trying to keep up with her milestones . . .
Love and miss you guys!
~Carrie

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily