Time for a post

Thank you, Adam, for doing a September post for me. I'm struggling at even getting in a post once a month. Oh well. Time for some catch up. Of course I love summer, but I also love when fall comes around and we get back into a regular schedule. It feels so efficient and predictable. I try to have something structured most days of the week to help us do things and see people. So I started a little music playgroup on Monday mornings. It is really mellow but has been a lot of fun. We have singing songs, marching songs, a story and a treat. Then we moms usually chat while the kids destroy the house. If you're in the area I'd love to have you come! On Tuesdays, Mini is in a little gymnastics class, which she LOVES! She is definitely my little girl--I was always upside down or climbing up the door-frame. This is how she has me put on her lotion at night (she has eczema on the back of her knees). And she does cartwheels all day. It's actually amazing how good her cartwheels are for a three year old.
She really enjoys her gymnastics class. I enjoy it because the teacher is laid back and lets parents help all they want and siblings play on the equipment. So it's fun for all of us.
Other noteworthy things in our lives the last month or so:
*Adam got pepper sprayed as part of his training for work (so that he can carry it). He told me it was the worst experience of his life. Maybe he will grace the blog with his third post this year and give some details.
*We have gained testimonies of Verizon. After switching from Verizon to T-Mobile for three weeks, we realized that EVERYONE we know is on Verizon, and that it's hard to have a conversation on T-Mobile service. Now I'm a walking ad for Verizon.
*We went water-skiing a couple weeks ago at Jordanelle. The water was gorgeous and there was maybe one other ski boat! Of course, the air temperature was in the 50s when we arrived...

Love these cheeks!
*St. George for Conference weekend with some of my family. We did something out of the ordinary and hiked around the rocks above Dixie Rock. This is the part my family calls it Fat Man's Revenge--I don't know if that's the real name but it's very fitting. This picture is so sad of Emmy. She really wanted to come through with Mini and me.
Mini was awesome. She wasn't scared at all. I got a little claustrophobic but she marched right through. I guess it helps that she's so small she could walk forward rather than inching sideways.
On top of Dixie Rock
And just because Anna and Jennie took the time to take this picture, I'll take the time to put it on the blog :)
Finally, here is the most amazing goose egg I have ever seen. Emmy, always trying to keep up with Mini's moves, was jumping around on the couch and fell off right into the table. You know in the cartoons when they instantly get a goose egg that sticks out six inches? That's how this was. It was huge! I just couldn't resist a picture. She only cried for a minute--you can see she's all smiles in the picture.

Comments

Linnea said…
Martha I miss you guys! Lets get together soon!
Deanna said…
The music playgroup sounds so fun. Wish we could come :)
Mini looks so cute in that pic bending down to get lotioned up! I love it!
*Meg Larsen* said…
We're totally joining your music playgroup. If by in the area you include an 11 hour drive, we're totally there :o)

Can't believe how big those girls are getting! Call me anytime, I miss our chats.
Bekah said…
Such beautiful girls and what a goose egg! Miss you and glad everything's going well!
gbrooks said…
Oh my goodness, that is quite the goose egg! It's reminding me of Isaac's fall onto the table when you were still living at the Wagstaff's. That shiner was terrible.

Look how cute the girls are and how BIG they've gotten and we've only been gone for a few months!
MBurt said…
Cute kids! I love the upside down picture for lotion. I'm usually chasing Talmage.
Cute update Martha! I should come down to Provo one day and get together with you and Naomi! It would be fun to see you and the girls! They are darling.
Mimi Collett said…
Aww that picture of Emmy during the rock climbing/hike is really sad and cute. Haha. There is something so cute about crying babies. (In picture format. Where you can't actually hear the crying.)
Carrie said…
Cute pictures! Can Mini scale the doorframe yet? I bet she's close! Poor Emmy is trying to keep up with Cousin Abby on goose eggs, I see. We miss you guys!
Robnz Fam said…
Emmy is SO BIG! Well, not really, but compared to last time we saw her! Looks like you guys are having a ton of fun. What kind of lotion do you put on Mini? Emi looks like she has some eczema on her too and the pharmacist said to use Cortizon 12, but it just stings her. Maybe it's suppose too?
Robnz Fam said…
That is so good to know. I will try that. Poor thing, she has it behind her knees, tummy, chest, and back. But she never itches it and she never complains about it. That's why I wasn't sure what it was at first. Thanks again Martha!!
Melissa Markham said…
I just read Adam's last post, so my stomach is still a little queasy. These are adorable pictures! Nobody told me about rock climbing at San Jorje. How fun! Looks like Anna and Jennie especially enjoyed it...

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily