sorry for the silence

Hello my faithful blog checkers. Thanks for not giving up on us and checking back again. I am well aware of the time lapse since my last post and apologize. It has been an interesting couple months for us, as we have approached Adam's clerkship ending and unemployment looming ahead of us. The job search has been a total roller coaster as Adam has applied, interviewed, and WAITED. It's been an interesting process, as he has interviewed with several places that have loved him, but for one reason or another, have chosen another candidate. Being a really really really close second place doesn't do much when it means there's still no job! Through all this I would love to say that I have been totally full of faith and optimism, but I wouldn't be telling the truth. It has been a rough couple months for me. I haven't really wanted to blog, because we haven't had good news to share. Posting about moving back in with my parents just feels anti-climatic.

But all this changed on Monday, when a law firm in Las Vegas called and gave Adam an offer of employment!! We are thrilled about it and are so excited for our new adventure. It's a small firm called Callister and Frizell and Adam is joining as the third attorney. It's a great fit, as one of the partners speaks Chinese and works with many Chinese clients. (They are also my second cousins--son and son-in-law of my dad's cousin.) It will all happen really quickly--Adam will start mid-September.

We are excited to have lots of visitors, especially when Utah's dark and dreary winter is in full swing. And we are already planning on being the halfway point when you are on your way to Disneyland, so don't be shy to ask to spend the night or drop in for dinner! Thank you for the support and the many prayers in our behalf. We have needed and appreciated them.

Comments

The Bish Fam said…
Marth,

I am so happy to hear about the job! That must be a huge relief :) Plus, it is closer to me... ha ha! Good luck with all of the moving and everything and let me know if I can do anything for you! Give me a call sometime cause we need to catch up (and pretty sure I broke my old phone again!) Love you tons!

Becca
anna said…
Yay! We're so excited for you guys! Glad to have you within 8 hours (rather than 14) :)
apewinterton said…
Hurray! Can't wait to read more posts. So happy for you guys.
Sarah Ewell said…
Yay! Congrats you guys! It's a scary thing to not be able to provide for your family. I'm so glad you've received that blessing! Good luck on your new adventure. BTW, how are you feeling, Martha? Due in about a month and 1/2, right?
MBurt said…
Oh how great! I've heard people LoVE Vegas and the LDS community there. Now we just need a belly pic. Congrats again on the job.
wonderful!!! we pass through vegas whenever we drive to AZ, maybe we'll just start making our lunch stop at your place... :)
*Meg Larsen* said…
Hooray! that is fabulous news. I've been thinking about you guys a lot so I'm so glad things are looking up. And yes, Vegas! You're getting closer and closer to the promised land. Err, the land of desolation that also happens to be filled with some of your favorite people :o)
Nichols said…
Yippee! I'm so glad to hear that things are looking up! We are trying to plan a vacation to Disney--first fam vacation in 3+ years! We'll have to let you know and go to dinner or something!
Melissa Markham said…
Congrats, guys! I'm working on forgiving you for not coming to Austin. :) No really, I'm thrilled that you have a job and that you love it so much. You guys DESERVE it!!! Love you, Melba

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily