Exciting news for next summer...

Adam got an exciting phone call last week, offering him an internship in the Hong Kong ILC office. (International Legal Council for the church.) We were both excited but a little surprised because of how the interview went... Adam and I spent all this time on his resume and cover letter to show how qualified he is to go to China. He made it very clear that he wanted to go to Hong Kong. The guy interviewing him took a quick glance over his resume and said "Oh you're from Denmark. Well, we don't have an office in Copenhagen." Adam called me after and said he was pretty sure he didn't get the Hong Kong internship, so he'd have to apply for another one.

So when the phone call came it took us both a little by surprise. But we are really excited! We don't know all the details, but know that it will be 4-6 weeks, probably all of May and into June. One exciting coincidence is that my parents are going to China for a two-week tour in May so we'll get to see them there. (Granny will stop at nothing to see her grandkids!) After having never been out of the country until I was married, the past few years have sure been exciting for me. As my mom put it after I told her about the internship, "You sure married an adventure!" (A wonderful one I might add.)




Here is Hong Kong at night.

Comments

Nicole said…
that is awesome! congrats to adam, and martha, i'm way jealous!
youngfam said…
Congrats thats awesome!!! Well done adam =)
Adam - congrats!!! That is so exciting you guys, what a wonderful opportunity. I wish I could go!
M said…
That's so exciting, you three! Marian is going to have more stamps in her passport than I do, easily. I love that Richard and Lori will be there for part of it, too. Way to go, Adam! And Moof, you're a Wonder-Wife/Mom. (Not that that's surprises me).
Katie said…
Way to go Adam. That is so awesome and so exciting. Ian says that sounds so cool and will look great on a resume. Nice job!

I cannot believe Marian is walking. Wow!
emily said…
Congrats you guys! That will be such a neat experience! So glad you started a blog!
sadie said…
WOW!! you are brave. i don't know htat i could be that excited about living in a foreign country like that. but hey, i'm a picky eater, so the food thing would make me nervous. But what a great story you'll have to tell.
way to go!

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily