Thanksgiving thoughts...


Yeah for Thanksgiving week! I was not feeling very grateful today when, after riding the exercise bike and getting all sweaty, I turned on the shower and got a promising blast of water which turned into a trickle and then completely stopped. So I got my sweaty self out of the shower, got dressed, and called our landlord. You see this is the second time this has happened since we've lived in this apartment (3 months) and I was feeling a little bothered. (Last time my neighbor was in the shower when the water was turned off, so came over with shampoo in her hair to see if I knew what was going on. All I could do was offer her some of our bottled water.)

So I decided to go to Target to re-order some pictures we got in which they cut out about 1/4 of my head. I figured I could use their bathroom and wash my hands there if I needed to change Marian's diaper. Well, I got to Target (a 15-minute drive) and realized I had forgotten the pictures, even though I distinctly remembered carrying them out of the apartment. I called Adam in my whiniest, most impatient voice (he's the only one who gets to hear that voice) and told him what happened. He told me he'd bike home from school and see if he could find the pictures. Meanwhile I stomped around Target being not happy.

Eventually he called back and said the pictures were right outside the door and the water had been turned back on. I talked to the photo studio and they were able to re-order the pictures anyway. And when I got home I saw that Adam had taken time to do the dishes I couldn't do earlier and tidied everything before going back to school. I instantly felt so grateful for a wonderful husband, running water, and the not-lost pictures, plus a little silly for my tantrum. It's like I was given a little thanksgiving test to see if I could be grateful even when things didn't go my way. Well, I failed the test. But hopefully this will help you pass your own thanksgiving test, or just get in the spirit of Thanksgiving!

Comments

I see that my fear of post-pregnancy amnesia doesn't go away too quickly (hence- pictures)! j/k. Loved that story - and I got to say, Adam sounds like a sweetheart, how nice of him to bike home, tidy up, and then go back to school!
Jacci Halliday said…
I am so happy to see you on here! Whoo-hoo! I love my little Phyllis and your family is darling! Fun to catch up via blog!
~steph (the artist formerly known as terry) strasser
p.s. strasserfam.blogspot.com
Bekah said…
Mo! Don't hate me, but I've tagged you (check out my blog). Love and miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily