My quirkiness...

I have been tagged by my sister Carrie to share some of my quirks. Surprisingly, I have had kind of a hard time thinking of quirks about myself. I think I'm just so used to being me that I don't what's weird and what's not. Anyway...

I'll start with Carrie's suggestion for me: 1. I organize my fruit snacks and then eat them in a very specific order. I must end with red, but don't like to eat 2 of the same color in a row. So before I even eat one, I scan out the whole group of them and see where I need to start. Preferably I get down to one of every color then eat them least yummy to most yummy: yellow, orange, purple, red. I gave my family a lesson about the art of eating fruit snacks on the beach once but don't know that I have any converts yet.

2. Everything for me is numerical. For example, when I think of a month, I instantly think what number it is, so September equals 9 in my mind. Further, I hate not knowing what time it is. I feel all out of control if I don't know (at least in general) what time it is.

3. While I'm on numbers...I make a mathematical equation out of groups of numbers. If I see a license plate that says 819, I automatically think 8+1 equals 9. I do this with phone numbers, time, etc. It sounds a little exhausting now that I'm writing it out, but it's a split-second process in my mind. Sometimes it even goes a step further where I start attaching numbers to letters and making equations out of them. Z is 26, A is 1, so Y + A equals Z. Now I really sound crazy.

4. I get a headache when I smell cigarette smoke. (Funny that on my mission when I smelled pot, I didn't get a headache. Just cigarettes.)

5. Raw onions KILL my stomach. And when I was pregnant, even smelling them on Adam's breath made my stomach hurt.

6. I used to have curly hair and loved it! I loved having the option of diffusing it or straightening it. But since I had Marian, my hair isn't curly anymore. Maybe if I'm lucky it will switch after our next baby. If that's the case, I guess we'll have to have an even number of kids so that I end with curly hair!

Now it's other people's turn to share their closet quirks with the rest of us. I'll tag Deanna, Becca Bishop, Marinda, and Adam (maybe one of these days Adam will post something).

Comments

*Meg Larsen* said…
i love your quirks! maybe one of these days i'll share mine...but you're right, i've been doing them so long they seem normal to me!

hope you guys are having a good semester--we miss you but it's wonderful to be down here! i'll have to update you on my new life plan, as i've essentially gotten kicked out of my master's program...
Deanna said…
That's funny that you tagged me cause I tagged you too! I will get to this soon. That is awesome about your matematical mind, my brain synapses miss any time I attempt to do a math problem to the point of a migraine :)
Bekah said…
Martha, I love you and your quirks! Thanks for sharing! Oh, and I eat fruit snacks that way, too -- you're not alone!

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

The toilet 😬