Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

I feel nostalgic for our senior year St. Patrick's Day party. We had green pancakes, planned it to be at Heidi's, who lives on Greenbriar Circle, and designated JYV (my green Mazda protege) as the official car for the night b/c it was green. And of course I wore my dangly, sparkly 4-leaf clover earrings that I finally threw away about a year ago. Good times!

Anyway, I feel like blogging has become like my journaling--quite sporadic with aspirations to be consistent. Oh well. Last week was a fun and busy week for us! My sister, Anna, was in town from Arizona which was so great! Before getting married and moving to Arizona she practically lived at our apt, so we miss having her around.

Monday we went to Salt Lake for a bday party for all the March bdays in my family (6 of them if you include Melba, whose bday is Feb 28).
Tuesday I worked, had an awful night, then came home to my personal Mission Impossible video and ensuing quest to uncover the clues asking me to the law school's Barrister Ball.
Wednesday we celebrated Joe's bday at CPK then came to our apt for brownies, ice cream, and lots of laughs with Mom, Joe, Anna, and Jennie.
Thursday was our ward Enrichment where Aunt Connie spoke about her experiences on the Relief Society General Board. It was fantastic and I learned so much! Mom, Anna, and my cousin Cate from Virginia came and we had so much fun talking after.
Friday was the Barrister Ball (award ceremony/dance) right across the street at the Provo Library. Anna came down with 4 prom dresses for me to try on (I wore the only one that fit with my garments), did my hair, and babysat Marian. It was fun to get all dressed up and feel like a princess!
Saturday we went to SLC for a memorial service for Uncle Walley, where I loved learning more about his life as a prestigious attorney in DC area.
Yesterday (Sunday) we had Stake Conference and I spoke! I was surprised how calm I felt. Adam gave me a blessing before, which helped me feel confident. The only problem was that I was the second to last speaker, with the stake president still to speak, and I stood up at about 3:38 (it ended at 4). I was supposed to give a 10-min talk but condensed it to leave time for the stake pres. I spoke on what the Restoration means to me. It was such a great topic and I loved preparing and pondering about what an incredible influence the Restoration has had on me personally. I love this gospel so much and Joseph Smith for restoring it.

Whew! What a wonderful but exhausting week. Tomorrow Marian and I fly to Spokane to hang out with Carrie, Luke, Abby and Katie (who is exactly one week younger than Marian). It will be so fun! I am nervous though, as it will my first time being without Adam. Hopefully he can get lots of homework done as the end of the semester and finals week are looming closer and closer.

One more random thing...I work on the 7th floor of Utah Valley Hospital "7th Heaven." Every 7th, 17th, and 27th we all wear our matching red scrub tops that say "7th Heaven." I work tonight and feel torn. Do my loyalties lie with St. Patrick's Day and my green scrubs, or with my floor and 7th Heaven scrubs? Perhaps my green scrub bottoms with my red top, but that's an ugly combination. What would you do?

Comments

Jentry said…
I would definitely go with the Christmas duo. Or you can just cheat and wear a shamrock pin or put a green headband in your hair. Good luck flying, I'm sure you'll be great.
*Meg Larsen* said…
i just wanted to say hi and see how life is treating you! i need to call you on of these days and catch up--eric and I realized the other day that it's so nice to be in phx and we don't miss provo--but we miss all of our friends and especially you three!!! we'll have to cram in lots of game nights and junk food between our internship excursions...

hope you're thinking of me on green day!
Maggie said…
I say the christmas combo. Why is it so scary to not wear green on St. Pattie's day. I seriously get way scared that I'll get pinched- even as an adult. Anyway, I won't be offended if you wear your red scrubs and ditch the green.
You are so funny Martha - I would definitely go with the combo green and red. You'll have to let us know what you decided to do. Great job on speaking in Stake Conference, I am sure you were amazing. And have fun in Wash - that will be so much fun, can't wait to see pictures!
Deanna said…
Hope you're having fun with your sister! We'll have to hang out again when you get back. Oh and my birthday is March 27 :)
Nicole said…
ah, the st. patty's day party. we were such silly girls. i love it.

i hope you wore the combo--that would be a very martha thing to do.
theminerfamily said…
Okay, perhaps it is my baby brain, but I cannot recall this wonderful St. Patrick's day party... and it was at MY house?! Wow, I feel like every one should get together and we should compile a book of all the great things we did in high school, so I don't forget any more!
Katie said…
Marth, that's so neat that you spoke in stake conference. Such an honor and I'm sure you did a fabulous job. It sounds like you've been busy and continue to be a great mom and wife!

Have fun on your trip!

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily