Can I use your spoon?


Friday night we went to a night market on Kowloon. We were planning on eating out, so we found a little shop that sold fried rice and curry rice. We got the food and looked around for somewhere to eat it. At the end of the street where the night market was on there was a little park (no grass, just tiles) where we found a bench and a table. In the middle of our dinner an old man came up to me and said something in Cantonese(which I do not understand) and pointed at my spoon. We realized that he wanted my spoon for his dinner! This was strange and hilarious because 1) I was using the spoon and was still in the middle of my dinner, and 2) I had used my spoon - there was still curry sauce on it when I handed it too him. Fortunate for him, I don't believe I carry any dangerous diseases:)

Comments

Maggie said…
Hey, who wouldn't want to share a spoon with a pretty American girl? That is a way funny and random story. I love reading your updates. We miss you.
Melissa Markham said…
How nice of you to share your spoon, Moey! Maybe they haven't discovered germs on Kowloon yet?
Kev and Chels said…
That's hilarious, and flattering! I can't believe all the adventures that are going to be packed into those 7 wks?! I was also wondering which of your sisters it is that is coming to St. Louis for residency and if they have come looking for places to move, housing, etc. Yet? Do they need a place to stay if they are coming in the future? Let us know if they need anything. ~Chelsey

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily