Definitely time for a new post. The last couple weeks were a total whirlwind, so here's a little catch-up. On the 8th, Adam's brother got married. It was a wonderful day and was so fun to have so much of Adam's family in town for the wedding. Congratulations Aaron and Lauren!


We had a family dinner at Ottavio's the night before and Marian was served an adult-sized portion of spaghetti. The look on her face says it all!



The day after, we flew out to Outer Banks in North Carolina and met my family there. It was such a BLAST! We stayed in one huge house so we would party all night after the kids went down. We also had fun playing on the beach, swimming in the swimming pool, and playing sand volleyball in the backyard. The only bummer was getting sand in the camera on our first day. Oops! It didn't work after but has magically repaired itself since so is working now. Here are a couple pictures we did take (and I borrowed a couple from my sister Carrie's blog):

This isn't our house, but represents what the houses there were like--huge vacation homes that tourists rent for a week.


And this is representative of the week: hanging out and eating treats! (Adam and I even lifted our no candy rule for the week to truly capitalize on the vacation.) Notice the matching Boyer Outer Banks T-shirts. Way to go Lowli!


Here we are on our Sunday afternoon walk


And that night on the beach


If only this one weren't staged...

Here are "the triplets" and Abby. Marian, Katie and Lucy are within 6 weeks of each other in age and are so cute together!


And here's the whole family in front of the beach house.


Now it's back to real life for us, as Adam starts school on Monday. It's sad to see summer end, especially when it flew by so quickly!

One more thing. I FINALLY tackled my ever-looming T-shirt quilt this summer (thanks Meg and Jenae for the jump-start and help!). I'm excited how it turned out, even though it's very obvious that I am a beginner seamstress. On the second picture I folded it back so you can see the back. Hooray for finishing an intimidating project!


Comments

Deanna said…
So good to get an update on the trip. I love the matching shirts. This makes me excited for when I'm a grandmother and can plan family reunions! I love that pic of the 3 of you. You are beautiful Martha! Good job on the quilt.
Maggie said…
What a fun trip!! Your tshirt quilt looks great. Good job. I'll be calling you for pointers when I make mine.
Adam Birk said…
Good job on the quilt Honey! It looks great. Maybe we should consider lifting the candy ban for good:)
Love you.
Spencer said…
too cute, mo! I don't know about you, but OBX is starting to feel like a dream now--were we really there? it was so perfect! Also, thanks for hanging out the other day--I LOVED that! It was so great to talk to you and get your oh-so-wise advice. thanks for everything, moey!
and i"m loving Covenant Hearts
Nicole said…
hey i have a looming t-shirt quilt too...and funnily enough, many of the patches look the same as yours. ah, oly high and all the t-shirts it provided. :)
*Meg Larsen* said…
yay martha! now you're a total sewing pro :o) Now that Janae has moved we'll have to find someone else to help us pretend to know what we're doing...

just tell me when you're ready for the next project :o)
Unknown said…
Your quilt looks awesome! Nice work! We need to do more of the hanging out and doing crafts...maybe we can work something out for the afternoons now that school is back in. Also, we need to do a game night, we miss you guys.
Mimi Collett said…
I love Marian's face about the spaghetti! The quilt is way cute. I had a friend that made a sweatshirt quilt in high school, and I've always wanted to do something like that, but I never have. Congrats! I love the family picture. :) What a nice thing to have!
Unknown said…
Martha! I love the quilt - some of those t-shirts are "classic" martha shirts to me as I watched you wear them over the years. Good memories there! Great job!!

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily