Just checking in

I really don't have anything super exciting to blog about, but just want to check in and say hello. I feel like I always wait for big events to do a new post so today I'm going to blog about the little, every day things going on.

Adam: Started his second year of law school and is busy busy. Trying to figure out an internship for next summer. Just informed me over the phone that he thinks it's cool (or at least acceptable) to tuck his T-shirt into his pants.

Marian: Totally obsessed with her "money." She loves to play with pennies, nickels and dimes. Usually the first thing she says in the morning, after letting me know her diaper is "eww-yuck", is "Money?" At this very moment she is throwing a tantrum because I won't get her more money (she loses them all the time). She goes around singing "money, money, money..." I think it's time to wean her, which will probably be harder than coming off the binky or the bottle!

Me: Keep getting canceled at work. Grrr. It's always fun to not have to go to work and I'm glad the community is collectively healthy, but the money has to come from somewhere! I also joined a choir called the Mapleton Chorale. The first rehearsal was last night and I loved it! It's so good to be singing again. Music has such an amazing, therapeutic effect on me. I've made a resolution to always have music be part of my life in one way or another.

Well, that's it for now. I'll let you know when anything exciting happens!

Comments

Mimi Collett said…
Hi Martha! I'm glad you liked choir! It will be fun to drive up with you and Rachel if she decides to do it too. That is funny how much Marian likes money! If only she didn't lose it, then she would be a good saver, since she's not spending it yet. :) How long will Adam be in Washington DC?
theminerfamily said…
I love hearing the day to day. Makes me fele more in tune even though I don't see you! Tell Adam good luck! Perhaps there is an internship in Michigan? Although we might be somewhere else in the summer doing our own internship, but wouldn't that be fun! I agree with you about singing. I miss the good old choir days... not one part of it... but the singing at least. I realized the other day that I don't sing around the house as much anymore, need to work on that. Hey I need to talk to you someone I know out here knows you!!! In suspense? Call me. (:
emily said…
Thanks for the fun update Marth! So fun to hear about all of your! I especially liked that Adam is all about tucking in his shirt! Hilarious! Hope to see you guys soon!
I think the day to day stuff is so fun to hear about. Like Adam, I think it's cool to tuck in t-shirts. But I've tried it a few times since Joe and I got married and he always vetoes (sp?) it. He says it's for my own good.
Tiffany said…
Good to hear you guys are staying busy!

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily