I'd rather be napping

So I worked last night for the first time in about three weeks (I took the time off while Adam was in Hong Kong) and it was crazy. I felt like crying a good portion of the night because I was so overwhelmed. So today I would love a juicy, delicious nap while Mini naps. Unfortunately, I've reached the point in pregnancy that if I nap during the day I can't sleep at night. So I'll divert myself with a juicy blog update instead.

For starters, what a fabulous General Conference! We went to St. George and had fun playing with some of my family and watching Conference there. I was excited because two brothers from my home ward were called as General Authorities: Elder Dale Renlund was changed from an Area Authority 70 to 1st Quorum of 70 and Warren Tate was called as an Area Authority 70. Go Holladay 3rd Ward!!

Other highlights for me were Elder Holland's talk, especially this Easter week, and President Monson's talk, which wiped me out emotionally. Hearing about that mom bury her 4 kids made me sheepish for ever complaining! Along with that, I liked Elder Snow's advice to laugh next time you feel like groaning. Great advice for me right now--hopefully I'll be doing a lot of laughing the next couple months. :)

Mini has gotten really excited about President Monson. She pointed to every speaker and said, "That's President Monson!" Funny story about that: we were leaving the law school last week and rode the elevator down with an elderly man. Mini pointed to him and said "That's President Monson." Unfortunately, it sounded a lot more like "monster" than "Monson" so the man, looking a little wounded, asked me if she called him a monster. When I told him she actually said President Monson he brightened up and talked to us the whole way out.

Well, here's the aftermath of General Conference. What is it about those afternoon sessions that just lulls you to sleep?


And here are a couple of St. George pictures: I was so excited to find this big slide. They aren't around much anymore--usually just the wimpy plastic ones.

I took this and was pretty proud, considering she was mid-swing. Doesn't she look cute?

This one's from a Law Partners activity where we visited the fire station and got to play on fire trucks.

And this was one Sunday after I dressed Mini and asked her to go get her shoes and socks. I love her selection, given her beautiful Sunday outfit. But hey, at least the shoes match and the socks match, even if they couldn't be more hideous with the dress.

Comments

Deanna said…
She is so cute! And so big. I cried throughout that whole talk of Pres. Monson's. Those stories just kept getting worse! I hope you get to work on easier days!
Mimi Collett said…
Oh that is such a great picture of her on the swing! :)

After President Monson's talk, I was very glad it had been preceded by the talk by Elder Holland's. The theme of comfort always being available set me up nicely to be able to handle the emotional tug of war I felt from those stories. What amazing examples of finding joy in sorrow and enduring.
*Meg Larsen* said…
yeah i had to walk away from the radio during that talk (we were at the treatment center) because the thought of digging graves for your children with a table spoon in frozen ground was just too much for me to keep it together at work! yikes...

and this is the point in your pregnancy where you come sit on my couch with you feet in the foot spa while i chase our kids around :o) stop by anytime!
Kendra said…
Can I just say that I would LOVE to babysit your little girl ANYTIME! Isaac loves watching kids and is so entertained by them. It makes him SO happy to have friends over - so really, even last minute, we would love to have her over to play. And you DESERVE a nap!!! I am glad that you enjoyed Conference - we did too. It was lovely!
Carrie said…
What cute pictures, Moey! I wish we could have been in St. George. It looks like you had a great time! I love that quote that Elder Snow used too (quoting Elder Wirthlin)--I've been trying to apply it, although at some moments it's easier than at others!!
Love you!
Anni Winings said…
Martha, I'm glad I'm not the only one that has a hard time making it all the way to (and through) the last session. I always miss one or two talks because I fall asleep or can't get up from a nap.
If ever you need a break and want to stop by here, I would love the company. Or you can drop Mini off and let me watch her for a bit.
We were so excited when they said "Warren G" - I'm like, it's got to be him he's the only Warren G I know! I immediately called Sar and she said he is in charge of the SLC area, so they'll be here for now, but I heard last night Dale Renlund is off to Africa, how cool is that!?! Next time you are up in SLC, let's go to Canyon Rim Park, they have some huge slides, Mini would love em!
The Brymers said…
Aww how sweet. I'm sure Holladay 3rd ward will have another general authority here in about 30 years at the rate you're going. You look really cute with that big belly!

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily