One month

Today is officially one month from my due date--hooray! I had a doctor appointment yesterday and was a little disappointed because my blood pressure is already starting to rise. With Marian, my blood pressure didn't climb until 39 weeks and then I was induced the day before my due date. So now that I'm only 35 1/2 weeks, I was a surprised to see that it's already high. It's not scary high--130/72, but hopefully doesn't keep going up. There was also trace protein in my urine (sorry if that's TMI). The nurse practitioner said they'll just keep an eye on things. I'll admit I wouldn't protest at being induced early, I just worry about future pregnancies if my blood pressure gets high earlier every time.

One exciting bit of news I haven't blogged about is that Adam was selected to be co-editor in chief of ILMR, one of the journals at the law school. Maybe in six months when ILMR is taking over our lives I won't be so excited, but right now I think it's great! I'm just proud of him and all the hard work he's put into law school.

Comments

The Bish Fam said…
Almost there Marth!!! Good luck with the last month...we can make it through, right??? Hope you are doing well!

Oh - by the way - we are moving back to Utah in June...rich is working in Orem. That doesn't mean we know where we are living...but it does mean we can see you!
Katie said…
Marth you're almost there! Good luck with the last month.

Way to go Adam on being Editor in Chief! That is huge. What a big accomplishment.

Good luck with everything. You are doing to great. That cute Marian will be the best big sister ever.
Mimi Collett said…
Only 1 month away! :) That's super. I'm sorry about the blood pressure and protein. Maybe your protein will be a hobo like the protein they found in mine. Haha. Transient protein. ;) I go to the doctor today. I wonder what kind of news I'll get! Probably come back next week; nothing's happening, but oh well.

And congratulations to Adam! That is great.

Oh yeah, I need to return your chairs. They were so handy. Thank you, thank you!
Cary said…
Ritz! Good luck with everything, I hope your blood pressure stays in check! We will be thinking of you! And just think, next time we get together we will have two new babies hanging around! We have our c-section scheduled on the 15th of May so we will keep you posted!
Tiffany said…
Wow, good luck with your last month! Hope all goes well. Any names yet? We changed our blog site, I'm not sure if you got the email about it.
The Brymers said…
Congratulations Adam! But Adam has been selected to be in something much more exclusive and important--and that is Les' new band that he's starting. We both think Adam would be a fun addition to the band, but if he's too busy we understand. Call us though, because either way we should get together before baby number two comes and your life gets crazy!

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily