a week out

You can see why I love it when Adam blogs--he's so much more entertaining than I am. I love his wonderful rendition of how everything went. Now that we're a week out, we are all doing well. I am recovering well (I highly recommend a 2nd degree tear over a 4th degree--much easier to recover from) and getting my energy back. Emily is so fun and soooo spacey. She's a good eater and sleeper. Mini is a fabulous older sister and is really good at helping with diaper changes, putting Emmy's binky in, and assisting me with all my postpartum paraphernalia--pads, nursing pads, cleansing bottle, etc. And Adam has been so supportive. He's taken charge of getting Emmy back to sleep at night, which has helped me immensely. So although life does feel chaotic and at times very overwhelming, we're doing well and enjoying this time.

Here are a few recent pictures. This was Emmy last week. I love her little worried eyebrows and how her hands are perched perfectly--she has them like that a lot of the time.

Sorry this one is sideways--blogger is bugging me because it won't rotate the pictures even though I've saved them that way. Anyway, this is a really cute one.

Emmy didn't exactly enjoy her first bath. My mom gave both Mini and Emmy their first baths at home. She (Mom) has been an absolute lifesaver the last week! She's cooked, cleaned, done laundry, played with Mini, forced me to nap, and been such great company!

Adam with his girls.

Mini started swim lessons today with a couple other little girls in the ward. I was proud of myself for getting all three of us out the door and there on time!

Comments

Tiffany said…
What an adorable little baby! And isn't it great having someone help out after the baby?! Keep the pictures coming!
She is really such a pretty little baby. Oh how fun! Mini is so cute with her too.
RaeRae said…
i am proud of you too. I only have one and lets just say sacrament meeting is that every sunday? Emmy is beautiful. Congrats. I hope Mini likes her swim lessons. love yall
theminerfamily said…
Oh Marth, you sound wonderful. I love all the photos! Your family is so cute! ( I wouldn't expect anything different.) I hope once the wedding is over I can come visit! I will keep in touch. much love!
Spencer said…
She is so cute I can hardly stand it! And so little. Please PLEASE keep her that same size until BAlboa!
love you guys
Sarah Ewell said…
Congrats Martha and Adam! Oh, and let's not forget Marian and, of course Emily. I am super impressed, by the way, that you got to swim lessons on time! Way to go. Excited to see your blog. I'm also so glad to hear everything went well with delivery.
Carrie said…
These are such cute pictures, Moey! And Emmy is a cute nickname! I'm glad you guys are surviving and even thriving. Sorry I missed your call the other day . . . I'm finally unpacked and somewhat organized, and we'll talk soon. :) Love you!
Mimi Collett said…
Aww the one of Emmy and Mini is super cute. :)
Ally said…
Hallloooooo! You can buy gripe water at walgreens for like 10 bucks a bottle. i use a dropper but you can even put it in a bottle. So there are gas drops and then there is gripe water which cures all tummy problems. its not medicine so u can give it to them as needed. i gave it to brooke before and after a feeding. i think its hard for their tummy to digest at first or something. and gripe water helps with that! its a LIFE SAVER!!! i had chocolate this last week and that didnt go well with brooke. gripe water to the rescue! good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily