catching up (as always)

Life really does feel like a big game of catch-up right now: catching up on cleaning, phone calls, sleep, laundry, gardening, blogging, etc. We're doing great though and enjoying summer and the time with family and friends. Adam's brother went into the MTC last Wednesday. Way to go Andreas! The curb-side drop-off was a mess! We had two different cars so we parked up by the temple and walked him and his luggage down to the MTC to take pictures by the sign. Well, we thought we could just hug him goodbye from there and he could walk on in. WRONG! He had to be actually dropped off by one, and only one, car. So we had a very anti-climatic trek back up the hill and said bye to him by the car. I guess things are just crazy right now as they're transitioning to curb-side drop-off. Hopefully the rest of his mission goes a little more smoothly...

Here we are trekking back to the car. (Notice we're walking away from the MTC and Andreas is still with us!) Poor Andreas, in his new suit in the 100 degree weather.

Friday we had a great day of waterskiing then doing the Alpine Slide with my family. It felt so great to ski again! I guess I still have some tummy muscles in there! Adam tried pulling out on slalom a bunch of times, then skied on two for a really long time. He has really paid for it since, with a super sore back!



Emmy has all of a sudden gotten so smiley!! It's so cute! She's also starting to make really cute cooing noises. She is such a sweetheart. Even in the middle of the night she's all smiles. (As much as I love them I'd really be OK waiting until morning to see them, but she loves her middle of the night feeding(s).)

Last of all, I have gone back to work twice and it has been OK. I'm going to do a shift every week and it seems to be fine so far. I feel that the Lord is blessing us though. When I decided to cut back, we prayed to find another way to earn money. Well, I called the hospice company I worked for a while ago (and have never actually quit from) and they were excited to hear from me and said they'd love to have me come back! I think it will be a great help to us and am grateful that things seem to be working out.

Comments

*Meg Larsen* said…
Martha the waterskiing pro...glad I'm not around to embarrass myself! happy to hear that things are working out with work :o) enjoy your sweet girls! give them hugs for me.
Jentry said…
The MTC is doing curb side drop offs? I bet that makes things very different, but a whole lot easier for everyone involved.
Melissa Markham said…
Oooohhhhh I miss Mini and Emmy! Maybe you could send them down to Texas for a while? You and Adam can come too.
Love you guys!
Melba
Tiffany said…
How fun. Nate's twin brothers are in the MTC right now also. They experienced the curbside drop off 3 weeks ago.
Mimi Collett said…
That's so great about hospice! It is amazing how everything can work out sometimes, even when you don't know how or when!

What's this about curb-side drop off? Do families not go in the MTC anymore?

And I'm jealous of the water skiing! I haven't done that in so long, and it's so much fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily