forgotten blog

I'll try to catch up on the last several weeks since I last blogged. First off, we had much-needed family pictures done and they turned out great! I especially love the ones of Mini and Emmy. I feel like they capture their personalities so well, especially Mini. Here are some of the ones we ordered:

























We had a great 4th of July weekend. We celebrated with my family on Friday with dinner and a walk at the cabin. Saturday we went to the parade with the Larsens and Alexanders. Thanks to Eric getting there at 4 am, we had great seats. And also thanks to Eric, we had yummy BBQ chicken after the parade. Man, what are we going to do when they move to Arizona next week? (Hopefully just follow them to Phoenix next summer...) That evening we had a great dinner with Adam's sister Amy and her family.

I love their cheesey grins!!


Emily's blessing was the next morning. Adam gave her a beautiful blessing and she looked so pretty in her dress. It was fun to have so much family at church with us. We went up to Salt Lake that night for dinner to celebrate with my family.



Here's a four-generation picture with 96-year old Grandma Phyllis, Mom, me and Emily. I'm glad to have pictures of both Mini and Emmy with Grandma because they probably won't ever remember meeting her.



Then yesterday was Adam's birthday. Happy #26 Adam!! The girls and I took lunch to Adam at work. Then, once again thanks to the Larsens, I took Adam on a date last night. We went to Color Me Mine and had fun painting what will be a jewelry box for me. I realized that painting pottery is much harder than it looks. It'll be interesting to see how our work turns out, but I probably won't be posting a picture of it. :)

Now we are recovering from our marathon weekend! We are excited to see Adam's brother Andreas, who arrives from Denmark on Friday and goes into the MTC next Wednesday. Another event I'm not so excited for is going back to work on Friday. We'll see how it goes. Right now I am wondering how I'll manage work, 2 kids, and not sleeping, so the plan is for me to cut back a lot and work 1 weekend in 3 and not at all during the week. I kind of feel like a whoos (sp?) but feel it's best for our family right now.

Whew! If you're still reading, you are definitely a true friend! Till next time.

Comments

Anni Winings said…
Your pictures did turn out so cute! Good luck with work. I have to admit I think I'd be a little overdone if I had to go to work.
Tiffany said…
What great pictures and Mimi is looking a lot like her mom… I think. And you are looking wonderful, too, Martha!
Jentry said…
Those pictures of Mimi are unreal. So sweet to get an update.
Jenae said…
You guys are the cutest family ever. We miss our Provo friends. We will be up there in August will you guys be around? I hope you are having a great summer. it sounds as though you are.
MBurt said…
Love the family pictures. We need new ones now that there are four of us but I kind of want to wait until Adeline is a little bigger. I feel like her and Emily could be sisters. They look similar. Sounds like you are managing two kids like a pro. No, advice from me on the work situation... take it one work day at a time.
Great pictures. I especially love that first one of Mini. Your pictures make me long for the days when we lived in Provo. How we would love to walk around campus with our kids if we could.
*Meg Larsen* said…
wow, don't make us look like the world's most amazing people, or anything ;o)

and yes, PLEASE follow us to Arizona! It's surreal right now, but I'm sure it will hit me hard when we pull out in the moving van...
KateHazen said…
The pictures look wonderful! Martha, you look back to normal already! Hope you're feeling well!
RaeRae said…
pics are so cute. miss you guys.
theminerfamily said…
yes, I read every word and loved getting an update! I love the family photos, you all look great. It was fun to see you, let's plan to do it again.

much love!
All the pictures you posted were darling. Hopefully I can meet Emmy sometime soon. If you are ever up in SLC for a few hours, call me and I'll run over to your mom's house.
Heindogs said…
I particularly love the pic of Mini that looks like a Baywatch babe! Sooo cute!
Bekah said…
Such great pictures -- you've been busy! Good luck with the work thing, and don't be hard on yourself. Love ya!
apewinterton said…
Your family pictures are so great. Marian is so photogenic.
youngfam said…
Cute pictures! Good luck going back to work. you are a champ!!!!
Carrie said…
Moey,
I love these pictures! They are adorable!! I think she did a great job of capturing Mini's personality. And you look beautiful--it seems like you're bouncing back great, although I'm sure some days it doesn't feel like it. I wish we could have been there for sweet Emmy's blessing. Love you!
~Carrie

P.S. It might be "wuss." (?) However you spell it, you're certainly NOT one! :)
Mimi Collett said…
Those are super great family pictures! You look great, and your girls are beautiful! Congratulations on going on a date! :) That is a feat when you have a young baby. :) I know that you will do great juggling everything! I hope all is well.
Anonymous said…
Hi Martha,
What lovely photos of you and the girls (and Adam). Love the 4 gen pic in particular. Whew - your week makes me need a nap, haha.
Much love and thanks for the shower inclusion. I love being with Meg's friends. After all I AM also Marian's nana :)
Kev and Chels said…
Your oldest is turning into such a beauty! Not that she wasn't a cutie before:) Sounds like you guys are doing well. Let me know how it goes working. I am considering getting a job to work nights and thinking about the logistics. Best of luck.

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily