a quick hello

Here are my excuses for not blogging:
no internet (finally fixed that this week)
two kids
two jobs

Despite feeling a little crazy, life is great right now. The job search is on full strength, but for some reason I'm much less stressed this year than last. Last year I stewed and worried about where Adam's summer internship would be. Well now that we're looking for the real thing, I'm not near as worried. Kind of strange, I know. Crazy pregnancy hormones definitely played a part in that. I think it's also that things worked out so well for this summer that I've learned the Lord will provide, even if it's not in the time or way I hope.

The girls are cute as ever. Yesterday Mini watched me brush my hair and put it up in a clip. When I was done she said "Mommy you look pretty." So cute! She's also doing an amazing job with potty training which we've hit really hard the last couple weeks. Emmy continues to be a little angel and I just can't get enough of her. Every time we put her on her back now she just flips to her tummy. But then she gets stuck since she seems to have forgotten how to roll back. I'll do pictures next time.

Our most exciting story is from Labor Day when we decided to hike the Y, which I had never done despite being in Provo since 2000 (minus my mission). Well, I carried Emmy for about 1/2 hr until I was worn out. So I handed off to Adam who then had Emmy in the Baby Bjorn while pushing Mini in the jogging stroller. After another ten minutes, I suddenly felt nauseated and light-headed. I sat down and started blacking out. Adam had gone ahead and when he got back to me I couldn't even see him. He laid me down on the ground and pretty much dumped a liter of water in me. I perked up in a couple minutes and was able to walk down the mountain. Let me tell you how embarrassing it was to pass the two-year olds and eighty-year olds on their way up as we were coming down. I've never thought of myself as a wimp but I couldn't do the .16 mile hike to the Y! I think I just got severely dehydrated or altitude sickness. I will conquer though--we'll try again soon. I think I'm the only person I know who a) hasn't hiked the Y in 9 years of living here and b) failed while attempting to do so.

Comments

Tiffany said…
Good luck with the job search and I haven't hiked to the Y either and I was in provo for 4 years. Maybe next time I'm in town.
Tiffany said…
P.S. We went private with our family blog. Let me know if you need an invite to it. pocadots{at}gmail
Deanna said…
Poor Martha! I don't think you're a whimp. You'll have another shot at it. The two times I hiked the Y were at night. It's probably a lot harder when it's hot. I'm glad Adam got to you so soon! I'm excited that potty training is going well for Mini. I need to call you soon!
That Hike is pretty tough especially caring kids! I'm glad you are feeling less stressed this year, Good luck to us all with the job search, great attitude! Thanks we need that.

Lets talk this week!

Naomi
Anonymous said…
Hello - look at all you're doing and now you add carrying kids on a hike? It's a wonder you could put one foot in front of the other. I think you're amazing. Hike it next time without the little ones- Kind of like a cheap date?
gbrooks said…
I'm still in awe how perfectly things work out when we just let the Lord guide us. This fall has been so much less stressful for us too, even though we too have no idea what we're doing next year. I guess law school's been good for me, maybe I'm actually learning a life lesson in the process of repetition...

We haven't hiked the Y either. We were going to try to go over Labor Day, but maybe it's a good thing we didn't try it while I'm pregnant. Maybe in the spring we can all go do it to celebrate the end of law school!
theminerfamily said…
Hey all, I hope that the job search is going well and that you are enjoying those cuties! I sure miss you!

HEIDI
P.S. That's crazy about the hike, perhaps something is telling you to go up north about 40 minutes and hike a different letter... (: (Yes, typical Ute response-sorry)
Mimi Collett said…
Wow! I can't imagine hiking the Y with either a baby backpack or pushing a hiking stroller, and it sounds like you did it on a hot day, too. I've only done it at night. Which I don't recommend, because it is dangerous, but the moon did provide more light than I expected. Anyway, do not feel like a wimp! You're a champion. :)

I'm glad that you aren't stressed about finding a job. It is such a relief to kind of let go of things and realize that you do what you can and then the Lord will provide . . . eventually. :) So even when things don't happen as fast as you want (like Jeff still doesn't have a job), I know it will happen eventually if we keep praying and staying in tune with where we should be and what we should be doing.
Melissa Markham said…
Slooney! I loved the video of Emmy smiling. I miss her! and Mini and you and Adam... Don't worry about hiking the Y. There was an article in the paper here in Austin about a woman who weighed over 600 pounds. She actually didn't know how much she weighed cuz her scale didn't go that high, so she went to a truck station and got on the truck scale. She decided to start losing weight and began by exercising 1 minute a day. We all start at our own level!

Love you!
Melba
Robnz Fam said…
Aw! That's scary about the Y story! I'm glad you're better now :0). It is such a steep hike! Thanks for the invite Martha, It'll be fun to see what goes on in your cute family beyond Sunday!
Jen and Ty said…
I don't know how often you check this if blogging is not on the #1 priority list these days, but I just wanted to tell you how much I love you and how amazing I think you are! I hope the hospital went ok this weekend and that your quiet book is progressing on schedule. You really are a wonder woman! It was good to talk to you yesterday and I hope we will talk soon! There were lots of things I have thought of since yesterday that I forgot to ask you!
Sarah Ewell said…
No worries, Martha! I haven't ever hiked the Y either. We went up a little bit when I was like 20 weeks pregnant, and I only made it not even half-way. We stopped and sat there for a while, and then we came down nice and slow. Sometime I'll have to do it before we leave Provo. Maybe next spring we could go together! Or call me when you decide to go.
Unknown said…
Martha! you actually got me laughing out loud at your last line. Black outs happen to the best of us - but yeah - about never getting up to the Y ... that is pretty pathetic. Hope you remedy that before you leave Provo!

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily