It's over!

Hooray! The bar is over! We love having our husband and daddy back! Adam said it was hard (like any law school exam but times 100) but that he would be surprised if he didn't pass. I am impressed at Adam's diligence in studying. He's been at it since early November. Friday morning his alarm went off at 6 and he jumped out of bed, excited to exercise, study Chinese, and NOT study for the bar.
Since he took it in Salt Lake, we made a mini vacation out of it and stayed with my parents from Sunday night to Thursday morning. On Monday Mini and I hiked into the cabin with the family. We had a great time and the experience was complete with Christmas M&M's Mom saved for the occasion and a tantrum because Mini's hands were cold.
I love this picture because it typifies Dad and Mom--Mom is hysterical because she just threw a snowball in Dad's face (you can see the snow on his sunglasses).
The girls and I also enjoyed my parents' new jacuzzi bath tub. The bubbles are amazing!
To entertain ourselves while Adam was taking the bar on Wednesday, we met Lauren and Claire at the zoo for Wild Wednesday (free admission the last Wednesday of November-February). It was a gorgeous day so it was really crowded, but who cares? It was free!
Call me immature, but I think this is a funny picture...
Well, the other event that I am excited to have "behind me" (ha ha, see picture above) is my talk in Stake Conference yesterday in the Saturday evening session. I was a little disappointed because the speaker before me gave almost my exact same talk, but oh well. I guess the message was really important! Between that and the bar, I'm glad to have last week over!

Comments

Lauren vdH said…
I loved your talk! You may have touched on a few of the same scriptures, but how you both applied the scriptures was very different. Your talk was so inspiring and touching! Thanks so much for sharing!
Spencer said…
way to go on the bar gimli. sounds like your support staff is excited too!
The Brymers said…
Yay! Congrats Adam. I was at the Bar building during the exams for a training by Commissioner Conklin and I said a little prayer for Adam! We should have you guys over for dinner to celebrate!
Unknown said…
Yay Adam! We're so excited for you! The pictures are adorable - I love the zoo!
Oh Martha, I too LOVE that picture of your parents, your mom seriously cracks me up, I love that woman! Next time you come up to SL, let's definitely get together, your girls are so adorable!
Wynter said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Meg Larsen* said…
oh no, you missed March! better get two posts in during April to make up for it ;o) I need a Birk update!

miss you guys.

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily