picture dump!

I guess it's time to play catch up and finally post some pictures about our summer. Despite me being pregnant and perpetually stressed about the job search, we did a lot of fun things this summer.
Mini took ballet lessons
I love this picture of when Emmy dumped our boxed spaghetti from The Spaghetti Factory. We were with my family and it was amazing how quickly the grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins vanished when they saw this mess!
Adam competed in his first triathlon. He was awesome! He even took first place in his age division and my brother Joe took second. (I won't mention that they were the only two in their division.) As Adam walked up to the stand, I overheard the man standing next to me (a complete stranger) tell his wife that that guy was from Denmark and didn't even train for the race (both of which are true). I guess my mom had been talking to him before, but it made it sound like quite the sensation to hear it going through the crowd like that!
Lake Powell with my family in June. Adam got up on the wake-board and Mini tubed with him. I sat around being very non-athletic but enjoyed being with the family.
Water fight with Adam's family on July 4th. Despite me being totally determined to stay dry, I ended up getting soaked with everyone else, which made it much more fun.
Hike to Battle Creek Falls with Adam's family while Aaron and Lauren were in town from Illinois. All I could think about was getting a Frosty after. I really do become obsessed with food and what I will eat next when I'm pregnant.
What I found after the girls were playing on their own for a while. So cute!
Newport Beach with my family where we stay on Balboa Island. I'm glad the girls and Adam are getting to experience Balboa because it was such a huge part of my growing up. I love how "real" this picture is: Emmy is falling apart and I have a huge wet mark from Emmy's diaper on my sweatshirt.
The tummy shot. I have hardly taken any pictures of myself this pregnancy, but I actually like this one. Probably because the angle is really generous and I look smaller than I actually am (or was).
Adam playing with the girls. They were at such a great age for the beach. No eating sand and relatively few dangerous ventures into the water (Emmy did one that scared her so bad she didn't try again.)
Hike to Grotto Falls in Payson Canyon
Cascade Springs up American Fork Canyon (while Adam was unemployed all August we had time to do lots of fun adventures)
Adam got a fishing license and caught his first fish! He and his brothers went on a fishing binge one week. The first day I asked Adam if they caught anything and he said, "No, but a dead fish floated by!" I had to laugh because it confirms everything I think about fishing. But things picked up after that and a couple times he brought home fish that he cleaned and cooked for lunch.
So that brings us to our move and life here in Henderson. I guess all the packing, moving, and being unsettled was tiring for Emmy. This was her in the middle of Sunday dinner.
Things are going well for us. The house is unpacked, Adam has started and is enjoying his job, Mini is in preschool, and we got a second car to be ready for the baby. Now all we need is some friends to hang out with. I'm quite the wallflower these days! I know it just takes time but I always get antsy to feel established and have friends in the ward/area. Hallelujah for email, blogs, and phones. I'm even considering getting on Facebook, now that we're away from the Utah hub.

Comments

I was going to call you right now because I miss you guys zoo much but us was 5 am and I did not think your pregnant self would appreciate that I will try to call you tomorrow! Love you guys
anna said…
Yay!!! I love the pictures! I'm glad things are going well so far in Vegas. I'm excited to hear more about it as you get more settled in. And keep the pictures coming!
Momma Fenn said…
What kind of car did you get? Glad to hear that you are getting settled and ready for the baby. Miss you and appreciate your friendship!!!
Maggie said…
Getting a little extreme on us, are you marth? Facebook? LOL. Just kidding. I would friend you in a heartbeat.:) Cute pictures.
How I wish we could be there to hang out with you guys. I love the pictures.
MBurt said…
So, glad for the update. You guys to a lot of hiking I've decided. I don't even know any cool places to go. I'm glad Henderson is going well. I can relate to the feeling established feeling. I just like it better when you just know people and they know you, and still love you. :) Good luck with everything. You look great prego!
I second you joining facebook! I am glad the moved went well and you guys are getting settled and doing well. You guys are so cute, you'll make a million friends before you know it! Good luck this next month!!!
Linnea said…
I hope you join facebook - I'm much better at keeping up on that than on blogs!!

Fun to see all the pictures, I'm so sad we didn't get to see you guys before you moved.
gbrooks said…
Erin's in Vegas! I've been thinking about you, I'm so glad to hear that you're settling in alright. If you get lonely mid-day, call me, I'm still transitioning!
The Bish Fam said…
I love the updates! Glad that you are settled in and hopefully you'll get used to your new home soon. We actually have some really good friends that I think are in your ward. It was one of Rich's best friends from high school. Anyway, their names are Scott and Steff Jackson. If they aren't in your ward, they are CLOSE to you! Anyway, we are closer now - so maybe we should see each other more than once a year! Love you! Good luck with everything!
Kate said…
I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl! It's so soon now, but it probably feels like an eternity, huh. We miss you guys and want to see you again soon.
RaeRae said…
DON"T join Facebook. It's an addiction that will drive you crazy. I always want to quit mine but have like 5 friends that that is the only way we stay in touch. love the pics. the girls are so cute. xoxo
Carrie said…
Awesome pictures, Mo! Way to go on the marathon post. I miss and love you guys! ♥
Kev and Chels said…
i'm way behind on your life! Congrats on baby girl #3! That's so fun!! I always feel like it takes a good six to eight months before you feel like you have good friends in a place, so you're to that benchmark!

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily