Hello world!

Look at me, doing a blog post and joining Facebook in the same week! I guess it's time for an update since it's only been four months.
I'll start with Liv. I can't believe she's already 4+ months old! She is doing great! I feel so blessed that she is so healthy and developing perfectly so far. In the last week she has started rolling over (multiple times so she ends up far away from where I put her) and grabbing things. She has also decided she doesn't like nursing from mommy. :( We'll see how long I can stand pumping... Usually she is a happy little person, but in the last two weeks she has screamed for an hour+ straight while being babysat (sorry Ang and Anne-Marie!). What a stinker! I told Adam she could write a book called, "How to Lose Friends and Frustrate People." At least she's good for me. Here are some recent pictures. She gets lots of attention from her adoring older sisters.


Sometimes she's painfully aware that being the third child is a little rough sometimes.



As for Emmy, she is absolutely 100% princess. She always has on at least one princess dress with any given array of accessories--necklaces, princess shoes, rings, bracelets, chapstick, purse, etc. And she refuses to respond to Emmy, insisting she be called Ariel. In just the last week she has decided she's interested in being potty trained! After cleaning poop out of her underwear one time last week (something I never had to do with Mini), I decided we're not going cold turkey. But she's doing great and is learning really fast. She has the cutest little idiosycrasies in her speech. Any "c" sounds like a "t," everything ends with ah, and she drops the s at the start of words. Her favorite word is "stinky" which sounds more like "tinky-ah."

She and Mini are best friends, which I love.
Mini turned 5 in January and is a fabulous older sister and cute little buddy for me. She loves to do the things I do--type on the computer, take pictures, fold laundry, cook, etc. She loves her preschool and is doing great with learning to read. She is just like I was as a little kid--always upside down, hanging from things, climbing up walls and driving her parents nuts. She is a good little athlete and loves biking on her bike she got for her birthday. I finally got my act together and took her and Emmy to the dentist last month. Mini had three cavities and now has a fancy silver tooth. I guess it's not always easy being the first child either, because I learned my lesson the hard way that flossing kids' teeth really is important!
She has developed quite the sense of humor and loves to do funny faces.


Our biggest news of the last while is that Adam took the Nevada Bar exam last week. Woo-hoo! And no, not woo-hoo for him taking the Bar. Woo-hoo that it's over. Hopefully forever. We all are so excited for him to not have to study every spare minute. Thanks to everyone who remembered him in your prayers. Hopefully he'll pass--we find out May 9. Until then we'll enjoy our oblivion and play hard!
Despite being so busy, he managed to find time to be a fun dad and get some exercise in.

As for me, I'm just trying to keep my head above water with three kids. They are wonderful and I am so grateful for the opportunity to be home. It is definitely challenging though and stretches me every day to be patient and organized and to prioritize what's most important. I'm not great at taking pictures of myself, but this one pretty much sums up my life.
And one of the whole family when we visited Hoover Dam.
Oh, and because I don't get enough time taking care of kids during the week, this is the primary class that Adam and I teach. They are so cute but count them! Yep, 13! 13 wonderful energetic, cooped-up-on-Sunday 5 year olds!

Comments

Amber King said…
Your girls are so adorable! I'm so glad everything is going well. I miss you guys and our playdates. :)
*Meg Larsen* said…
hooray for the Bar being over! Hopefully you both get a little bit of "normal" life back. Can't wait to hear how much Adam rocked it.

Also can't believe your girls are so grownup--where is the time going? And how do the days still feel so slow when the weeks fly by? yikes.
Kate said…
I'm so glad for the update! Your girls are just adorable. We miss being so close to you.
Maggie said…
Love the update. Your pictures are so cute. HOw do they get so big??? They are all cuties.
so good to hear from you again.
We googled it last night and colorado springs is "only" 12 hours from Las Vegas. It's much more doable than Texas. We are just so excited to see you guys again.
Nichols said…
Lots going on! I had a hard time adjusting to three as well. Felt like I went from 2 to 5, but I think sleeping through the night puts everyone back on top! Good luck with bar results (I'm sure he passed!) and so good to see your darling girls and family!
Eric and Angela said…
Hey Martha! How is it going? How do you like Vegas? I really loved living in Vegas. Kinda wish I was there instead of Bakersfield. Congratulations on your little baby. We keep having our little babies around the same time. My little Alanna is already 4 months too. The adjustment has been great and the kids just love their baby sister. Eric recently passed his CPA exam so I totally get the joy when your husband doesn't have to study every night and weekend.
Your family is adorable and I am glad you are all doing well.
Angela Bell
Deanna said…
Yay for an update! We need to catch up it's been too long. I am glad to hear I'm not the only one who feels like I'm trying to keep my head above water some days. I sure need help being patient, organized, and prioritizing too. Thanks for your honesty. It's so good to see pics of your 3 beautiful girls!
apewinterton said…
So great to see your beautiful girls. We'll keep praying that the bar results will be favorable. :)
Linnea said…
Such a beautiful family! We miss you guys.
Robnz Fam said…
Wow, your girls are getting BIG! Mini is 5!! That's awesome. Emi will be 5 next weekend. I remember when they were 3 together, swimming their little hearts out :). Congratulations on sweet Liv. She's adorable.

Popular posts from this blog

Arriving in Wuhan!

January 2024

Emily